OpenRC Swift flight attempts end in failure

The weather held up, so I decided to make another flight attempt with the OpenRC Swift. It didn't end well for the first Prototype, but I learned a few important lessons. First, my estimate for where the CG should be for a pitch stable airframe had error. I've corrected my calculation. So, I'll print off a second prototype, make a few adjustments and try again. The OpenRC Swift will fly!




Photo 1: The damaged left wing of the OpenRC Swift.




Photo 2: Close up of the damage.

Add new comment

Filtered HTML

  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Allows breaking the content into pages by manually inserting <!--pagebreak--> placeholder or automatic page break by character or word limit, it depends on your settings below. Note: this will work only for CCK fields except for comment entity CCK fields.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Target Image